Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Favorite Fictional Relationships

It’s that time of year again. It’s Valentine’s Day and love is in the air. Unless you’re currently single like me, in which case the only love that’s in the air is the love between fictional characters. So what better way to celebrate this holiday than talking about my favorite fictional romances? These romances range from books to movies to TV shows to games. So without further ado, I present my top seven favorite fictional relationships.



7. Tris Prior and Tobias “Four” Eaton – Divergent



Okay, I have a big love-hate relationship with the Divergent books, and by love-hate, I primarily lean towards hate. I loved the first book, the second was “eh”, and then the third book was just plain awful to me. That being said, I did like Tris and Four as a couple.

6. Emma Swan and Neal Cassidy – Once Upon a Time


I’ve mentioned on this blog before how I loved these two as a pairing, even though it was short lived because Once Upon a Time had to crush my heart and force me to lose interest in the show. Regardless, I still love the thought of these two characters in a relationship. Part of it is because they have a history together, they shared good moments and bad, and, frankly, their relationship wasn’t perfect. If Neal had lived these two would have had a lot of stuff that they would have had to work through and that could have been interesting to have seen. Also their relationship was so poetic when you think about it. The one meant to break the curse and the one who was the reason behind it. If only it could have worked out between the two of them.

5.  Daisy Johnson and Lincoln Campbell – Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D


Oh look, another short lived romance. There’s really not a lot to say about these two characters except that I love them both and liked them together as a couple. A lot of people seemed to have issues with Lincoln, but I always liked him. I wish he could have stayed on the show longer. L

4. Stephanie Plum and Ranger Manoso – Stephanie Plum


This is the odd couple in this list, because they’ve never officially been a couple in the book series. They like each other and people ship them together, but they’ve never been an official item. That being said, I still think that they could make an awesome couple.

3. Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Malarik – The Hunger Games


These two characters really went through a lot throughout their journey and it was really interesting to watch them grow. This is another one of those couples where I just really like them together, but I don’t have much else to say about them. All I can really say is that I’m glad that they found some semblance of happiness together after everything that happened in these books.

2. Elizabeth Swan and Will Turner – Pirates of the Caribbean


Okay, so Will and Elizabeth are my favorite characters in the Pirates movies. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy Captain Jack Sparrow too, but I’ve always been invested in Will and Elizabeth’s characters and relationship. Which is probably why I’m so excited about the new movie coming out in May. Yay, Will’s back! I will say that Will and Elizabeth never got an official happy ending. As we can see now with the new movie, he’s still stuck having to roam the sea as captain of the Flying Dutchman, which means that his curse apparently can’t be broken and that he can’t be with Elizabeth all the time. Add in the fact that he’s essentially immortal now, unless you know someone stabs his heart, their time together really is limited.

1. Nancy Drew and Ned Nickerson – Nancy Drew



Alright Nancy and Ned are my top favorite couple, and if I’m going to be completely honest, Ned is pretty much my fictional dream guy. Nancy goes on adventures all the time in the books and in the video games by HerInteractive, and a lot of the time that leaves Ned back at home. Understandably, he would get a little frustrated from time to time. I mean his girlfriend is traveling the globe often times risking her life, and he can’t really do much to help her. Also, Nancy gets so caught up in cases that she forgets other important things, such as her anniversary with Ned in the game Sea of Darkness. While Ned does get upset, he comes back around and forgives Nancy. He’s always understanding and supportive of her, and best of all he always believes in her. Two of my absolute favorite moments in the video game series come from The Silent Spy and Sea of Darkness and they are lines from Ned that go back to his relationship with Nancy:


"Nothing I say is going to stop Nancy -not this time. I understand why you don't want to help her. But that'll make things more dangerous for Nancy. She called me because she knows that my faith in her is stronger than my fear for her." – Ned in The Silent Spy


"You have that 'help people' gene. There's this fire within you. I firmly believe you're going to save the world one day. At times, I worry like crazy. Even if I'm out with my friends, or at a game, or in the middle of class. I've got one hand on my phone, terrified that I might get that call one day. A call that this time you didn't get lucky. And that used to terrify me, but now... I'm not afraid. What I'm trying to say is, I can't imagine life or the world without you. And even though I might get that call someday... I'm not gonna let fear hold me back. I love you Nancy. I love you so much." – Ned in Sea of Darkness


Isn’t he the sweetest?



Well that sums up my favorite fictional couples. What are yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment