Tuesday, December 4, 2018

November Monthly Recap




Books Read


Severed Veil – 5/5

Breaking Into Butterflies – 4.5/5

I'm not typically a bit poetry person, but I really enjoyed this poetry collection. These poems were clearly very personal for the author, Miranda Kulig. I have to give major props to anyone who can essentially bare their soul for the world to see. Once the second section of the collection started, I found several of the poems to be personally relatable – it was like I could see several of my own thoughts and feelings reflected right back at me.

The Girl Who Could See – 5/5

This was a great story. I was hooked from the first chapter, and I enjoyed it from start to finish. I loved the characters, and Fern and Tristan were a delight. I was a little bit worried about how the story was going to end, but it didn't disappoint and it was what I was hoping would happen.  


Movies Watched


The Grinch

I have to say that this movie was another one that was better than I was expecting it to be. It's not my favorite by any means, but it wasn't bad (except for the version of “You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch”, that was bad in my opinion).  



December's Book of the Month


The Christmas Candle



Imagine a Victorian England village in the Cotswolds where very little out of the ordinary ever happens … except at Christmas time.

This year, Edward Haddington, a lowly candle maker, is visited by a mysterious angel. That angel silently imparts a precious gift—a gift that’s bungled and subsequently lost. The candle maker and his wife, Bea, struggle to find the gift.

And when they do, they have to make a difficult choice. Who among their community is most in need of a Christmas miracle?

Since it's December, I think it's only fitting to pick a Christmas book for the book of the month. This book sounds like it'll be a good one, and I'm looking forward to reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment