Friday, August 10, 2018

July Monthly Recap


Well, it's August, so it's time for a new monthly recap. I technically should have had this up last week, but better late than never.




Books Read



Once Upon a Dream: A Twisted Tale – 3.5/5 stars

This book was enjoyable just like A Whole New World, but I didn't care for it quite as much. To be fair, Sleeping Beauty isn't really one of my favorite Disney movies and Aurora isn't a favorite Disney Princess of mine. I do have to say that I did really enjoy her characterization in this book though. She really had a chance to grow and come into her own, something she didn't get to do in the movie. Phillip got a little bit of character growth as well, but he still felt kind of flat. I do have to say, that I think the author of these books enjoys killing characters.


Movies Watched


Ant-Man and the Wasp

Marvel movies are my favorite movies, and this one is no exception. I really enjoyed the first Ant-Man movie and this one was just as good as the first in my opinion. It was a great adventure with some good laughs along the way. That mid-credit scene though… Marvel, you're killing me here.


Travels


I enjoyed a nice week at the beach with one of my best friends in July. It's always nice relaxing by the ocean, especially when you get to see dolphins swimming by. I also had fun shopping and playing mini-golf. Got to say that I'm not the best at mini-golf, though I was able to get one hole-in-one.


August's Book of the Month


As Old As Time: A Twisted Tale



What if Belle's mother cursed the Beast? When Belle touches the Beast's enchanted rose, memories flood through Belle's mind-memories of a mother she thought she would never see again. And, stranger still, she sees that her beautiful mother is none other than the enchantress who cursed the castle and all its inhabitants. Shocked and confused, Belle and the Beast will have to unravel a dark mystery about their families that is 21 years in the making.

I had meant to get this book read and finished in July, but it didn't happen, so I've decided to just go ahead and do it for my monthly book review. This was the Twisted Tale book that I thought sounded the most interesting. Beauty and the Beast has been one of my favorite Disney movies for a long time, so I'm curious how this will actually measure up in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment