Saturday, February 6, 2016

Book Review: See How They Run

                One of my favorite authors is Ally Carter and I started reading her books when I was in sixth grade. My mom had bought me the first book in the Gallagher Girls series, I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You, to read while I was at the orthodontist. I remember how funny it was when my orthodontist said, “That title scares me a little bit”. After reading that one, I was hooked and could not wait to start on the next one. Even though I’m no longer considered part of the young-adult bracket, Ally Carter’s books are some of my favorites and I always look forward to reading her books when they come out.  

I recently finished the second book in her Embassy Row series, See HowThey Run. It seemed only fitting that this be the first book review on this blog.



 Here’s the synopsis from Amazon.com:

For the past three years, Grace Blakely has been desperate to find out the truth about her mother’s murder. She thought it would bring her peace. She thought it would lead her to answers. She thought she could put the past to rest. 
          
But the truth has only made her a target.
          
And the past?
          
The only way to put the past to rest is for Grace to kill it once and for all.
          
On Embassy Row, power can make you a victor or a victim; love can turn you into a fool or a fugitive; and family can lead you forward or bury you deep.  Trust is a luxury.  Death is a very real threat. And a girl like Grace must be very careful about which secrets she brings to light.

            See How They Run begins right where the first book in the series, All Fall Down, left off. The truth behind her mother’s murder has not brought Grace the peace that she hoped for. Instead only more mysteries and secrets are rising. The more Grace learns about the secrets of Adria’s history and those of her own family, the more of a target she becomes. See How They Run is a gripping page-turner that leaves you wondering what will happen next.

            Adria, as we learn in this book, has a very interesting history and that history is coming back to haunt those in the present. I’m not going to give any spoilers, but I will say that the cliffhanger ending leaves us with a secret about Grace that I never saw coming.

            The Embassy Row series is a series that can appeal to all age groups, and I’m anxiously looking forward to Ally Carter’s next installment in this series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment