Monday, October 1, 2018

September Monthly Recap




Books Read



Mere Christianity – 5/5

I started reading this book in April, and I finally finished it this month. I really enjoyed this book and wished it hadn't taken me so long to finish it. I have a hard time sometimes really getting into non-fiction books. I can enjoy them, but then if I set it down, I don't always feel a rush to finish it right away. Regardless, this was a really good book and I personally found it interesting how some of the points CS Lewis made are still relevant today.

Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic World – 5/5

On the flip-side, if I actually sit down and read some of a non-fiction book every day, I can finish it within a month. I really enjoyed this book, and Max Lucado offers some good advice for anxious Christians.


Not a lot happened in September. I was busy with work, so outside of reading and playing the new Spider-Man PS4 game, the only other thing accomplished was some writing.


October's Book of the Month


Darkest Fear



A surprise visit from an ex-girlfriend is unsettling enough. But Emily Downing’s news brings Myron to his knees. Her son Jeremy is dying and needs a bone marrow transplant from a donor who has vanished without a trace. Then comes the real shocker: Jeremy is Myron’s son, conceived the night before Emily’s wedding to another man. Myron is determined to help him. But finding the missing donor means cracking open a dark mystery that involves a broken family, a brutal kidnapping spree, and the FBI. And as doubts emerge about Jeremy’s true paternity, a child vanishes, igniting a chain reaction of heartbreaking truth and chilling revelation.

I feel like October needs to have a spooky book, and the most fitting genre for that would be horror. I don't read horror though, so we're going with a mystery thriller instead. I love Harlan Coben's books, especially the Myron Bolitar series. I've read a good chunk of the series, but there are still a few that I haven't had a chance to read yet and this is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment